Monday, May 29, 2006

What could've been ...

Every once in a while I am haunted by this thought
It magnifies the pain that on myself I have brought

It’s like watchin’ a fantasy on the big screen
It’s just a thought of what could’ve been

I see a group of friends … laughin', reminiscin’, havin’ fun
But wait a minute, someone’s missin’ … I am the one

It only causes heartache and sufferin’
Oh why do I think about what could’ve been ?

Just today, a thought brought a tear to my eye
It was always because of me, but still I wonder why

I know … it’s futile to regret over consequences unforseen
Still … It’s never easy to not think about what could’ve been
- by Me (I'm no freakin' poet)


"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these - 'It might have been" - John Greenlead Whittier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could've been a better friend
Who should've told you "Dude, this needs to end"

And then I wonder if I really didn't try
Or maybe you got away because you were too sly...

I guess I know that if wishes were horses,
You'd never learn from the forces

So try and not reflect on what could've been
The Gods could've been far more mean

Its only you who creates your own destiny
And should not always have to go for mutiny

But I'm sure its just a matter of time
Before you realize it and draw the line

If you ever thought you were alone, my friend...
Don't worry, atleast I'll be on your side till the end