Saturday, May 20, 2006

Kalashnikov(s)

I just came back today from a family pilgrimage to Vaishno Devi. It was the normal hoola-hoopla 3 day affair. But amongst all the sights, sounds and smells related to the whole experience (most of them revolve around horse-shit, literally), the only thing that I remember at the end are the AK-47s.

There’s been a recent threat by the terrorists and the security’s been beefed up over there. That means I got to see AKs from the beginning of the yatra to the very inside of the cave!!!

I’m not commenting on the presence of AKs at the holy place, etc. I’m just saying that I think that I’m crazy about guns!!! Maybe it’s a consequence of playing too much CS … or maybe I’m just a terrorist at heart … but whatever the cause I don’t give a …, I’m just crazy about them. It wasn’t just AKs but there were other semi-autos everywhere as well (B32 for example).

I’m sure there’s something about the AK which makes it the most favoured weapon all over the world (apart from its performance and cheap price of course!).
The shiny black metal smartly covered with wood in certain places … just makes you wanna get some (at least me).

So if anybody ever reads this, and really wants to buy me a birthday present, then please … now you know!

1 comment:

SG said...

Noted !