Monday, May 15, 2006

Da Vinci Mania !!! ... and Bakar !!!

I am very excited today. I generally get like that when I buy some books. I bought a nice mix consisting of The Prince (Nicolo Machiavelli), Digital Fortress (Dan Brown), On a clear day you can see GM (Patrick Wright) and Blink (Malcolm Gladwell). So there you have it, everything from Business to revolutionary books to plain old riveting fiction !

Also, a very interesting co-incidence happened today. I bought Digital Fortress by Dan Brown which happens to be about hardcore code breaking (like most of his novels) and ... I just found out about the Da Vinci Code breaking contest on IBN. I'd like to quote The Merrill Vinji (screw the spelling!) from the Matrix to allow a better insight into my excitement -- "Where some see coinzidence (imitating his slurry accent) ... I see Cauzality .. where some see Conzequence (Slurrrrp!) ... I see Chanze (slurp slurp)!". So well there you have it, I am already going through all the anagram-breaking pages Uncle Google can throw at me and come hail or ... (blah blah .. I’m a bit sleepy though).

Another thing, people have voiced their opinions, rather vehemently, on the lack of 'Bakar' here. I would like to apologize about that and like our 'very responsible' government, I have set up an inquiry in that matter and will be coming out with an adequate solution to satisfy all strata of the society very soon (few days ... maybe ... weeks ... could be ... years .. always possible!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

suds,
check out the book "a million little pieces" if u havent already .... its kickass...