Friday, November 24, 2006

Shit Happens…

One of the things common amongst all cultures (of my generation) that I noticed was the increasing clarity and therefore, humour on religion or popular ideologies. The following descriptions of various religions/ ideologies was given to me by Jack (his real polish name is beyond me) over some sheesha. Here are some of the ones I liked/ understood. If you Google on this you’d probably find more …

TAOISM : Shit Happens

CONFUCIANISM : Confucious say, “Shit Happens”

ZEN : What is the sound of shit happening ?

ISLAM : If shit happens , take a hostage.

COMMUNISM : Equal shit happens to all people.

CATHOLICISM : Shit happens because you are bad.

RIGHT – WING PROTESTANTISM : Let this shit happen to someone else.

JUDAISM : Why does shit always happen to us ?

ATHEISM : I don’t believe this shit !

EXISTENTIALISM : Shit doesn’t happen … shit IS !

BUDDISM : Shit happens, but pay no heed.

HINDUISM : This shit has happened before.

OBJECTIVISM : Our shit is good for you.

REAGANISM : Don’t move .. the shit will trickle down.

RASTAFARIANISM : Let’s smoke this shit ! :)

Disclaimer : My own view of religions, the one I was inherited in and the one I adopted later on … are also included in this list. This is merely a compilation from a bigger list. If I have missed out your religion and you feel offended by it … well shit happens ! If I have missed out your religion and you are happy about it … don’t worry … sooner or later … shit happens ! If I have included your religion and you feel offended by it … well read the subject line again ! You may think your religion may deserve more respect than others but I don’t. Besides, any religion should have a big enough heart to take some humour !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've mixed it up completely...
I'll send you the right one in January :)

Happy new year man :)